Monday, September 1, 2014

13 Months

This has been a crazy week with lots of challenges, but we also had some big successes yesterday. I think the best thing right now is following up with Jeniffer and Leonildo that were baptized a little over a week ago. We had a Family Home Evening yesterday with a few other families in our branch. It is amazing to see how the gospel changes people and families. I was reflecting back on how Leonildo was when I first met him a few months ago. He is a completely different person now and their family is so much happier. I have talked to so many people during my mission who feel like they are missing something. They can try and do any number of things and yet this empty feeling still exists. Then I look back on the ones who decided to start reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible, talking with us (the missionaries), going to church, and praying. These are the people who now feel like they have what they were searching for. I know that the gospel is the only thing that can give us that complete feeling and also the joy we are searching for. I am so grateful that I have this in my life. All I want is for everyone to have this, especially the people I love. I am so grateful for this time to be here in Brasil bringing this joy that I have to anyone that will listen.
 
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment