Monday, February 17, 2014

So Wonderful!

What a wonderful week. Really. I love this area and Sister Ashworth. This transfer has been such a blessing! It has also FLOWN BY. Where did the time go? Really.
I've been thinking about building faith or finding a testimony of things. It really fit that I was asked last minute to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about using scripture and prayer to build a testimony. It also really fit because I knew my dad and brother were speaking in Sacrament meeting yesterday as well, so I felt really close to them and thought about them a lot as well.
Here's what I've been thinking: I apologize this will be a shorter thought today.
Either this church is the same church Jesus Christ set up when He was on the Earth, or it isn't. Either Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, or he didn't. With that being said, how many times have you heard someone say "I know this church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet called by God."? How can we know? It all comes down to the Book of Mormon. If the Book of Mormon is true, then this is that same church, and Joseph Smith did really have the experience that he claimed. There's a promise contained in the Book of Mormon that anyone who will read it, pray about it, will know for themselves that it is true. I know that it is because I've tested this promise. I know that each of us can know for ourselves that his is true as well.
Have a wonderful week!
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment