Monday, February 3, 2014

How Great Shall Be Your Joy

We literally saw miracles this week.
 
I am so grateful for the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father. He loves us more than we can comprehend and is so involved in the details of our lives. I am so grateful that He wants all to know about Him that we may find the most joy possible in this life and that He can help us. I know one of the things He has given us in our families; an opportunity to learn and to grow, find joy and feel love. I know that He gives us men called by God to guide us in the ways we should go. I know that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, that we may overcome mistakes that we make and the obstacles and trials that come in this life. I know that He has once again reached out to His children and has called a prophet that acts as a mouthpiece for God and lives today. How grateful I am.
 
How simple of a message, and yet how profound it's effects. It has changed every aspect of my life and how blessed am I to watch as this message changes the lives of others that I come into contact with.
 
I had the priviledge of having an interview with my Mission President this week. It ended up being kind of an exit interview. He reconfirmed what I had been hearing. I should be leaving for Brazil near the end of the transfer. My visa has either been processed or is almost done. it's not here in California yet, neither are the plane tickets, so I don't know the day, but it will probably be within a few days of the 25th. It's still a little scary and unreal, but I am excited. I know that the Lord will continue to place me where I need to be.
 
For now, I am loving every minute in California and am so grateful to be serving with Sister Ashworth. I am learning so much from her and we're having lots of fun as well :)
 
I hope you have a really incredible week!
 
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment