Monday, April 28, 2014

9 Months on a Mission!

9 Months on a Mission!
I'm well! And over Dengue. Thank Goodness. From what I heard this week from people, it could have been a lot worse. I was only sick and out for 5 days. I know it's because of lots of prayers and a Priesthood blessing. I found out yesterday, that Jose Luis (our convert that was baptized almost a month ago) fasted for me last Monday. His first fast. He is the sweetest. I am so grateful for him! He has been helping me and is also helping our branch here in Bebedouro.
Okay, here I want to talk about Easter! and some things I've thought a lot about this week.
First. Please go watch this video. It is amazing. I didn't see it until Wednesday, but this is why we celebrated Easter. Do we really understand how amazing this is?
Because Jesus Christ was resurrected, each of us will be as well. I'd like to share a scripture for The Book of Mormon:

Alma 40:11-12,23
11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life. 
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into state of happiness, which is called paradise, state of rest, state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow. 
23 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body;
yea, even hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.
I know each of us will be able to overcome death. And I know we will be able to see our loved ones again. How incredible. 2  Other Scriptures Id like to share! Isaiah 55:8-9 
For my athoughts are not byour thoughts, neither are yourcways my dwayssaith the Lord. 
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are myaways bhigher than your ways, and 
mcthoughts than your thoughts. Sometimes things don't happen the way we want them to. They even leave us questioning our faith and our understanding of things. But I know Heavenly Father can see the whole picture, and He will only do what is best for us. We just need to trust Him. And when we trust in Him, we have this promise.
 
Ether 12:4 
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with asurety bhope for better world, yea, even
place at the right hand of God, whichchope cometh of dfaithmaketh an eanchor to the souls
of men,which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding infgood worksbeing led
to gglorify God.
When we have faith in God, we trust in Him. We trust that He has a better plan for us than we have for ourselves that extends beyond this life. We can wait for and expect a better world, peace and rest from our labors and worries.
 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment