Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!

What a crazy time of year! It really has been an amazing week. I've seen Heavenly Father blessing us in so many ways. I am so grateful for all the love that has been extended to me by each of you this Christmas season as well. There was one night I came home to 3 packages. It's going to be a good week! We get to open all those packages Wednesday and then Thursday we are going to the LA temple for my companion's birthday. YEAH. Best place ever :)
 
I wish I could just take all my experiences and put them in this email! It's so hard to describe everything in words. Here we go.
 
We found a new investigator Tuesday. He's a high school student. The Spirit was so strong as we talked about the Restoration.
 
We had our mission Christmas devotional on Wednesday. Only part of the mission was there, but I was able to see a lot of missionaries from my last district in Ventura. My companion and I also sang with 2 other sisters. Talk about nerve-racking... We made it through though! There is such strength that comes from missionaries gathering together, especially as we remembered the Savior and His life.
 
Our investigator, Sharron, came to Relief Society activity this week. It was a really nice dinner. It was a miracle she came. Really. We were so grateful to see her there and enjoy the evening with her.
 
This week was also exchanges! I was able to be companions with Sister Randall for 24 hours. It was amazing. I learned a lot from her as we worked together and discussed missionary work :)
 
I received flowers from my family on Friday, which was a nice surprise! That night we had a Family Home Evening with a couple about Patriarchal blessings. It was amazing. I was able to testify to them that I know Heavenly Father knows each one of us and loves us. He wants us to succeed and He will help us!
 
We had a good lesson about prophets with one of our other investigators! Yay! Her daughter was also there who is investigating the church as well.
 
My mission President, President Castro, and his family surprised us by attending our ward's Sacrament Meeting yesterday. It is always such a treat to see him and his family. They are some of the best people I know.
 
Today, we were blessed to go to the 99 cent store just as one of the men in our ward was there. He was baptized a month ago. We were able to talk with him and found out his father passed away last night.
 
Heavenly Father directs our lives if we allow Him to. I know that we were led to that store so we could comfort our brother. I know that He's led me to California for a reason, I see it more and more each day. I know He will lead you as well.
 
Merry Christmas everyone!
 
Love,
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment