Monday, December 16, 2013

The Greatest Gift

It's been a good, but also a little bit of a trying week! I've been pretty stressed with getting things together for Christmas, it's something I really enjoy, but also something very hard to accomplish as a missionary. I've definitely found strength in a message that my dad shared with me and also the words from the Christmas devotional last Sunday. The best gift we can give to anyone is a knowledge of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. This is a gift that will last forever. Other presents and gifts will fade, but that testimony of who Jesus Christ is, can last forever and can carry us through everything. That is what I am striving to do this Christmas as a missionary, and that is the best thing I could be doing at this time.
 
The fun times and miracles of the week...
-I got a few packages! One of which was a small Christmas tree from my family. One of the other packages was coconut bread, ornaments, a star, and even a fancy looking cloth to cover the base of the tree. It really meant a lot to me. Sister Casper and I had quite a bit of fun decorating the tree during lunch :)
 
-A family from this ward went with us to visit an investigator who has really been going through a lot of trials. They sang a few songs to her (they are incredibly talented!) It really really touched our investigator, Sharon. One of the songs they sang was "Don't sit under the apple tree" which Sharon's husband who recently passed away used to sing to her. I know it wasn't coincidence they picked that song. Through them and our message about Jesus Christ, Sharon was really able to feel of Heavenly Father's love for her. We were so so grateful for Heavenly Father's hand in arranging this little gift for her!
 
-There's a restaurant called Texas Cattle Company in our area! We ate there Saturday night. I walked in and I was home :) no really, they have Texas license plates and lots of cute decorations. It was so fun and a little taste of home.
 
-We've been working a lot with members this week to help them put together a "Family Mission Plan." When we do this, we go over the message of the Restoration with them and invite them to act as investigators. It has been amazing and we've really had some incredible experiences. Nothing brings the Spirit quite like the message of the Restoration does.
 
Each and every week I reflect and write my emails, I am amazed and humbled by the amazing experiences that has really built me as a missionary and a person. I am so blessed by all the experiences and companions I have had.  I know that Heavenly Father knows me and loves me. I know that Jesus Christ knows and has experienced all that I have and will. I know that He is able to carry us through every single thing that we go through if we turn to Him. I know that He lives today.
 
Love,
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment