Monday, December 2, 2013

Third Transfer, Third Area

Third Transfer, Third Area

Transfers are tomorrow! I am being transferred again! So far I haven't missed a transfer meeting yet! I am going to the Camarillo 5th Ward. It's just like a 15 minute drive west of here I think! Sister Xayadeth was in Camarillo a couple transfers ago! It seems I am following in my companion's footsteps! She is going to Newberry Park. Ready for a new adventure!
Last P-Day, we went to Ventura Harbor! It was us and the 6 other Sister missionaries in my district! It was so fun! We took some fun pictures :)
We've had some disappointments this week, but I won't dwell on those. Our investigator, Jessie, is really determined to be baptized. We teach her quite a few times each week. The nurses always notice us and some have started to ask questions. They see how often we visit Jessie and they are curious to learn more! I think we're definitely making a little difference there.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! I definitely had fun :) We had district meeting! It's always amazing to be around other missionaries. This district meeting was definitely inspired. We talked about how important it is to be your best TODAY. It's always tempting to feel like you won't reach your potential until a later date, but you can be your best today and that's what Heavenly Father wants. Not only is that what He wants, it's what the people around you NEED. Decide now to be your best today! We went over to the Jones home for Thanksgiving which is our stake president! There were a lot of people. They made us feel so welcome. We stuck around for a while and even played a game! It reminded me of home a little bit and playing catch phrase with the family, John, Alice, Grant and Thomas. Know that I miss y'all! It definitely wasn't the same, but it was a good kind of different.
I'm really going to miss this area! Our investigator, the ward, and MY COMPANION. I know I'm needed elsewhere though and I have things to learn from my new companion.
I could go through the rest of the week, but I'd rather say a few things I've learned or had brought to my mind this week.
-The reason Jesus Christ went through with His sacrifice was because of us. The way we let Him down is when we don't remember or use His sacrifice.
-Family is so important and is a blessing from God. It takes lots of work to make a good family, though. It is worth all the effort.
-Love everyone, especially those who live different lifestyles than you. They are the ones who probably need that love the most.
-I have been called to preach the gospel, just like all missionaries from this church. Trust them with your family and friends. No matter where I end up for the remainder of my mission, that call is the same. I will preach the gospel wherever I am.I hit my 4 month mark a couple days ago. As I see some of the amazing Elders and Sisters I have worked with go home tomorrow, it reminds me of just how quickly time really does go. Seize today! Make it count!
Love,
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment