Monday, January 6, 2014

Life Goes On

It's been a roller coaster this week, but I'm hanging in here.
I've learned so much this week. So, so much.
-It's okay to not be okay. Heavenly Father is helping me SO MUCH, but that doesn't make it easy. It's still going to be hard, but that's okay. We just need to keep pushing.

Definitely miracles were seen this week. I just feel so blessed. Heavenly Father is finding lots of little ways to show me He loves me.
-We've been working with a couple, Billy and Madyson. Billy received the Priesthood just before I got here 5 weeks ago and actually baptized the twin 8 year old daughters of a woman who was baptized a few months ago. We've been working closely with both families. It was a really wonderful day. I think the best part was just being able to see Billy baptize them. He has grown so much even in the 5 weeks I've been here. He's a sweetheart. Him and Madyson really take care of us. We love being around them.
-My companion is literally the best. Especially in my hardest moments, she always finds something to do for me. Often times it's doing my dishes, just cleaning the apartment, or even talking to me or being silent the moments I need it. She's amazing and I appreciate her so much.
-I was having a particularly hard time on New Year's day. We were going to contact someone and parked a little ways down the street and spent some time just talking. We were there for a while just talking through things when a man came out of his house and started talking to us through the window. We rolled down the window and he talked to us about little insignificant things. I think he could tell I was having a rough day and had just come to say hi and try to make us laugh. That helped me feel a lot better.
-We were finally able to sit down with one of our investigator this week. She has a lot of really good questions that we are excited to answer as we meet with her this week. Her heart is really open and we are so grateful for the opportunity to teach her.

Thank you for all the prayers!
Lots of Love,
Sister Shipp

No comments:

Post a Comment