Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This is the Month!

Well... I REPORT THIS MONTH! 29 days from today to be exact. Time is flying.


First off! My exciting news... My first two semesters at BYU consisted of stressing about grades and diving into nursing pre-requisite classes, and guess what! All that studying and stressing paid off! I found out Friday that I have been accepted to the BYU Nursing Program. I am so incredibly excited! I decided I wanted to go into nursing a few years ago. That's a story for another day, but I have taken a big step towards that goal. It feels so good. I can not only look forward to going on my mission, but also coming home to start the nursing program the Fall semester of 2015. What a blessing.

My family and I just returned home from a two week vacation to Hawaii with my grandparents! It was so much fun! I'm so grateful for the time I have had this summer to spend with my family and friends before my mission. While in Hawaii, we visited the Laie, Hawaii Temple!


What a lovely temple. Mom and I did a session while we were there. We also went into the Visitor's Center and talked to two of the sister missionaries serving there. I'd been feeling anxious and nervous about leaving so soon on my mission, but hearing what they had to tell me brought the excitement back and reminded me why I am going. Someone needs me and I am going to figure out who that is.

Before we left for Hawaii, we had some family pictures done! My sweet Young Woman's Leader from my Laurel years, Marci Freeman, did them. She is amazing.






We also took a few pre-mission pictures as well.




It's starting to feel a little more real. My friend and FHE Brother, Elder Joshua Menden, left for his mission a couple weeks ago! We are going to the same mission and I am so so so grateful! I miss this kid a lot and am excited to see him out in the field! God is good, y'all. I know Elder Menden will do great things and I feel so blessed to follow in his footsteps in just a few more weeks!


The day I got my call


A double date we went on in September


Part of our FHE group! Hermana Amelia White leaves for the Mexico MTC today, Elder Edgar Diaz-Vita and Elder Nebeker are in the Provo MTC, and Hermana Emma Worlton is flying to Peru today. So proud of my BYU family.

No comments:

Post a Comment